Be a collaborator and facilitator of visual effects to provide a compelling player experience. Help enhance the direction of the experience with a player-focused attitude as part of a diverse team of software developers and creative professionals. You will report to the Art Director and follow their vision for the game. We are all about having fun, taking chances, and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of our software, we are set to provide an experience to embrace and build upon everything that makes our franchises so special.
- Build relationships while working with a cross-disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet the player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Conceptualize and design stunning in-game visual effects by using available tools in a real-time engine.
- Work with Artists, Designers and Engineers to ensure that visual effects are of a very high quality and will enhance the player experience in the constraints of the engine.
- Work with the Art Team to establish a style for VFX and ensure the quality of the assets for the project.
- Ensure that VFX assets are built and within the given deadlines.
- Prepare assets for export to the game engine.
- Provide creative solutions to technical art problems or restrictions.
- Help in developing tools & refining pipelines for the art production process.
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality
- Able to keep content relevant to the art style and work within those limitations
- Ability to create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
- Ability to adapt and cope with change along with the demands of the project's production. High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years of production experience as a VFX Artist.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Maya, and particle editors for pre-visualizing VFX
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3D game engines
- Experience designing compelling consumer-facing 3D game content for a variety of devices or platforms
- Understand VFX workflows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them
- Understanding of VFX / Post FX integration and performance impacts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Welcome and provide thoughtful feedback
- Be enthusiastic and expect to take on challenges
- Passion for games with a grasp of market visual trends
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. Portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, or web page portfolio.