The SVP, Digital & E-Commerce will be the business and financial owner of our client's website, Amazon and other digital marketplaces, and our client's digital marketing program. This role is responsible for delivering an optimal and consistent digital customer experience, while driving growth of the business through profitable customer acquisition, engagement, and customer lifecycle management. The SVP is responsible for leading the strategic planning and execution – through an internal team as well as third-party vendors – of all commercial and digital marketing investments and initiatives.
The SVP, Digital & E-Commerce, will be responsible for online marketing, merchandising, user experience, product development, and site operations. S/he will oversee a team responsible for end-to-end online ecommerce operations, with oversight responsibility for sales/ profit targets and relevant KPIs.
The SVP will work closely with various teams (Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Creative) to create a branded online experience that is consistent with the customer’s offline experience of the brand. S/he will identify and drive investments and initiatives that will elevate the customer’s online/omnichannel experience and drive long-term engagement and return.
Strategy and Sales Goals
• Develop and execute an ecommerce strategy that will increase customer adoption and drive the online business, increasing revenue and profitability
• Set overall strategy and roadmap for e-commerce business and team across technology, operations, supply chain, digital marketing, commercial activations
• Direct strategy for commercial calendar – including promotions, sampling, GWPs, etc.
• Actively manage the business to Budget, P&L targets; lead annual forecasting and budgeting
• Work closely with Finance to ensure that all investments and activations are financially optimal and support business targets
• Manage the end-to-end operations related to supporting the ecommerce business, including: inventory planning, fulfillment (3PL), customer service, payments & fraud, merchandising, marketing
• Identify and act as final decision maker for ecommerce-related vendors. Lead vendor negotiations, ensure active management and ongoing assessment of all vendor partners
• Direct digital marketing strategy and efforts – including SEM, SEO, affiliates, display/retargeting, email, and referral programs
• Work closely with Marketing team to drive a full funnel digital marketing program
• Lead CRM efforts for all direct consumer interactions; innovate how data is collected and leveraged, particularly in 2021 in a ‘cookie-free environment’
• Act as the digital champion/ liaison across the organization, driving cross-functional digital projects that will unlock sales and/or brand engagement
• Lead data-driven decisions around business to test and optimize new initiatives across marketing, merchandising, commercial activations, customer experience, etc.
• Partner with cross-functional leaders to fully integrate digital capabilities across channels to deliver seamless omnichannel experiences and optimize omnichannel sales potential
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Finance
• Strong general management and leadership skills; ability to grow and manage a team and work well cross-functionally
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once
• Successful track-record in building direct-to-consumer businesses and in managing an e-commerce P&L – with experience using technology, vendor management and negotiation, marketing, merchandising, and commercial/sales levers to drive profitable growth
• Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
• Highly analytical, data-driven and understands how to optimize commercial and marketing levers to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas, processes, and metrics in a simple and clear manner (to both investors and leadership)
• Strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and a dedication to creating great consumer experiences
• Takes ownership, problem solves and demonstrates a high level of accountability