Our client in the lifestyle and action sport space is seeking their next Vice President of Marketing. In this role, you will lead the creation and successful execution of the company marketing strategy for all revenue channels (e-commerce, retail store and contact center) with a particular emphasis on digital marketing. This includes defining and delivering best-in-class customer acquisition and long-term customer engagement and retention strategies. This role will be directly responsible for e-commerce operations and will be instrumental in driving the VIP Family loyalty program membership file growth and general brand awareness.
This client prides themselves on their entrepreneurial spirit and continue to do things differently in the industry. To thrive in this role, you will need to be agile and adaptable to the ever-changing needs of the industry and our business. This role requires a creative, data-driven decision maker and planner who thrives on working cross-functionally with executive, business, and marketing teams in a multi-channel retail environment as well as with external vendors and partners.
- Develop strategic marketing plans and corresponding budgets to effectively grow company revenue, profit, VIP Family loyalty membership file size and member lifetime value. Tracks and manages marketing spend to achieve growth and ROI/ROAS goals.
- Lead e-Commerce operations team to maximize site KPIs to include conversion, AOV, VIP Family joins and retention through ongoing improvements to the WOW customer experience.
- Lead initiative that drive revenue in both brick and mortar retail environments as well as e- Commerce platforms
- Drive new customer acquisition and VIP Family loyalty program memberships.
- Set and achieve customer lifetime value goals to drive increased frequency, AOV, retention, and multi-channel buyers.
- Serve as the business owner for all customer data. Mines CRM database to design and optimize data-driven customer contact strategies across email, SMS, e-commerce, print mailers, social media and digital ads.
- Own lifecycle segmentation, channel optimization, a/b testing, and partnership strategy.
- Provide leadership on how the organization leverages and actions against 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data within marketing to drive customer acquisition, increase customer lifetime value, and building long term loyalty within our VIP Family membership program.
- Cultivate and advance the level of talent and develops a high-performing, collaborative team of marketers across brand, performance, communications and social, content, product marketing, and new customer generation.
- Work collaboratively with key internal groups from Marketing, E-Commerce, Retail, Creative, Visual Merchandising, Finance and Business Intelligence as well as external partners and vendors
- Deploy and optimize a cutting-edge marketing automation stack to ensure scalable and cost-effective marketing operations processes with demonstrable ROI
- Create and maintain an active network of marketing partnerships to enable marketing execution
- Some travel required
- 5+ years of proven success at a senior level executing digital marketing strategies with responsibility for customer acquisition, retention, and purchase frequency campaigns at a multi-channel retailer. 10+ years preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required. Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related discipline preferred
- Multi-Channel retailer marketing experience with particular emphasis on digital marketing and E-commerce website oversight responsibility required. Experience in the fitness/wellness or athletic space is ideal.
- Experience with growing house file and lifetime value through acquisition, retention, frequency and AOV focused campaigns. Loyalty program experience preferred.
- Creative, confident, results driven, strategic thinker who continually raises the bar.
- Ability to lead and develop direct reports, excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Ability to create and manage budgets; tracking spend, and ensuring ROI/ROAS goals are met.
- Strong creative instincts with ability to deliver high converting creative, content & messaging.
- Ability to clearly articulate objectives and creative vision to our internal and marketing partner agencies.
- Ability to lead projects collaboratively across internal & external teams
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to clearly articulate trends, results & strategy based on data analysis and present appropriate adjustments to marketing plans accordingly.
- Ability to stay ahead of the curve, up to date, and have your finger on the pulse of latest industry trends and best practices.