Video Art Director (Beauty)
Our client is a popular beauty brand presenting the latest skin care, body care, and makeup for every beauty enthusiast. Their innovative, on-trend, and modern remedies derived from nature inspire you to feel your best every day.Position Overview:
As the Video Art Director you will be responsible for the production and post production of video content across all brands. Along with a team of art directors, you will handle multiple projects and deliverables, translating campaign concepts into compelling video storyteling based on marketing and business objectives. In this role you will deliver solutions for a diverse range of marketing and omni-channel needs—ranging from campaign paid media to social first low fi content—and participate in all activities related to the development of video content across all brands.
• Support the AVP, Creative Director in concept & idea generation of video across channels including seasonal campaigns, tutorials and low fi content across brands
• Partner with existing Video Art Director to plan shoots, edit and divide workload
• Lead video story telling across multiple customer touch points; ensuring brand and message consistency throughout the consumer experience
• Collaborate closely with creative team to ensure campaign concepts come together to create the best representation of our brands
• Create pre-production documents to enable execution with digital story telling in mind across all customer touch points; ensuring brand and message consistency throughout the consumer experience
• Shooting & editing quality video content for a mobile/social first platform
• Present creative video treatments & edits to internal management; addressing feedback with solution-based creative thinking
• Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with ecomm, marketing, social and other departments whose activities intersect with creative
• Aware of trends and new ideas within beauty industry, with ability to interpret those into high performing brand right creative
• A strong eye for Digital filmmaking, concepting, shooting & execution of storyboards & shoot plans
• Technical knowledge in production, cinematography, lighting, color-grading & advanced understanding of a professional RAW video workflow.
• Understanding of framing & technical constraints in both vertical & horizontal formats
• Ability to understand the nuances of each individual brand and concept and edit videos accordingly
• Passion for clean beauty and engaged in the social communities that support the clean beauty enthusiast
• Ability to balance business goals with creative vision
• Communicate information effectively with relevant members of the team throughout creative lifecycle
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines, quickly managing changing priorities
• Experience in editing video for full 360 activation across editorial and paid media platforms
• Ability to anticipate workload and communicate proactively to Project Manager
• Superior organizational and communications skills
• Strong NLE project management skills & ability to work with multiple workflows across various video formats.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film/Media Production-related field of study.
• 3+ years experience in a high volume, deadline-driven environment: fashion and technology industry experience.
• Experience in video editing within the beauty landscape.
• Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills, deadline driven.
• Comfortable working in a collaborative manner and a highly creative out-of-the-box thinker
• Mastery of NLE programs including: Adobe Premiere Pro, Aftereffects, Davinci Resolve, is a must.
• Experience in Cinematography & understanding of gaffing/lighting techniques.
• Understanding of current fashion and beauty trends
• Experience in digital/social first video creation