Our client is an Award-winning production company founded by people who believe in the power of nonfiction visual storytelling.
Video Editor- Non Fiction
A Video Editor is tasked with taking the raw footage shot by a film crew and director and turning it into the final product. This means following an outline, script or shot list and assembling the footage into one cohesive video or film. Often in video and film work, there are many camera angles and takes recorded. It is the responsibility of the Video Editor to review all the footage and create the best output by cutting and connecting various footage, adding sound effects and graphics and fine-tuning the completed video or film.
- Assembling raw footage and transferring or uploading to a computer
- Following a script, screenplay or outline
- Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage
- Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring and faulty footage
- Working closely with directors to present a final product that matches his or her vision