Our client, a growing name in the beauty ecommerce space is looking for a Manager, Global Visual Merchandising Design. This is a part time position(up to 28hrs/wk) that is offsite. Candidates in the LA area highly preferred as this role may extend to a long term opportunity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and Manage the design development of fixtures/displays and tester units from start to finish
• Own Gondola and End Cap design for all Retailers from kick off through production.
• Manage Visual Merchandising Budget expectations
• Source appropriate Vendor for each project and Manage Vendor Relationships
• Work with vendors through the process of the review of engineering drawings, materials samples, production samples and final prototypes.
• Working cross functionally with BRAND and CREATIVE, will create new and innovative merchandising design solutions through ideation, sketches and presentation rendering
• Issue detailed schematics for production for vendor-required specifications with dimensioned drawings for manufacturing/engineering
• Track preliminary art schedule and work with designers to ensure graphics are released on time to vendor for proofs on correct substrates.
• Travel and conduct on-site prototype reviews at vendor as needed to ensure quality control and proper fit and function.
• Ability to Present prototypes to Internal Leadership, Brand and Retailers
• Set up regular status reports with cross functional teams and retailers
• Develop planograms and visual merchandising guidelines for retailers and field teams
• Liaise with BRAND and CREATIVE to maintain product assortments, seasonal updates and new launches.
• Ability to be solution oriented to solve merchandising challenges
Experience and Skills:
• Experience in visual merchandising in luxury retail preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills, quality execution, and attention to detail.
• Passionate about retail and in-store visual merchandising with a deep understanding of current luxury beauty/fashion/retail/design trends.
• Strong self-starter with good project management while remaining a team player.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, contribute ideas, and interact with other departments to obtain current information.
• Strong project management skills, ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and accurately to cross functional partners.
• Flexibility and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Proficient with manufacturing and production methods and materials.
• Model making abilities a plus.
• Hands-on experience creating planograms for beauty.
• Must have experience and technical knowledge of production: print process & mechanicals.
• Be positive, flexible and extremely well organized, ability to pivot in a fast-paced environment and be able to respond quickly to changing and challenging deadlines
• High attention to detail and project management. Must be able to manage multiple projects and accounts simultaneously with short and long lead times to meet deadlines.
• Experience working with vendors and understanding of VM fabrication, materials, and production processes.
• Strong presentation skills in order to share finalized ideas and concepts to cross-functional partners in a clear and concise manner.
• Experience in store planning and visual merchandising or retail design and knowledge of product placement at a retail level.
• An excellent understanding of POS, and the ability to work closely within brand guidelines.
• Excellent communication skills to develop close relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• In-depth knowledge of beauty industry
• High sense of urgency and initiative to meet tight deadlines.
• Proven skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience in SketchUp preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
• 1 - 3 years of professional business experience (Beauty Experience preferred)
• Sephora Visual Merchandising experience required
• Specialty, and Department store experience a plus
• Global retail and vendor experience a plus
Send your portfolio and resume today!