Job descriptionTitle: Visual Designer
Our company is looking for a Visual Designer to contract with the Retail Engagement and Marketing team. This person is a creative thinker, visual communicator, and can solve business problems with creative solutions. They are very collaborative, working closely with a team of designers, writers, and multimedia experts to create global and localized digital content for training and development. They have experience in editorial design (photography, illustration), have empathy and understanding of the user experience, and be able to iterate varied concepts within an established design aesthetic.
The Visual Designer will be part of a visual design team that create graphics, iconography, illustrations and other visuals that bring content to life and achieve specific objectives. They will adhere to design principles in established creative direction, fluid templates, and company standards. They will collaborate with other designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on designs. Responsibilities include researching topics, brainstorming and presenting concepts, sourcing photography and illustration, iterating mockups and executing deliverables based on creative briefs and partnerships with the project teams and business partners, production tasks of asset management and ensuring final deliverables are successfully organized and delivered through learning management system, review of final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography meet high quality standards. Deliverables include implementation of existing branding and art direction, original conceptual artwork, layout mockups, and production of visual assets.
• Has 4+ years of agency or in-house designer experience.
• Has 1+ years of editorial experience in print or digital.
• Proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
• Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills with finely attuned attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a user-empathy approach to design.
• Communicates clearly, both verbal and written.
• Synthesizes complex information into simple design solutions.
• Is passionate about design and art both in and outside of work.
• Able to adjust work schedule as needed to collaborate across international teams and communicate in multiple time zones.
• Is proficient on the latest macOS and iOS platforms.
• Has expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. • Has expert knowledge of the current iWork suite (Pages, Keynote, Numbers).
• Experience with motion design, CSS, and HTML5 a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a design related discipline, such as graphic design or visual communication.
- Portfolio and references are required.