Responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and implementing window and in-store displays for both online and brick and mortar retail stores. Visual Merchandisers must combine their creativity and artistic flair with technical know-how to set up displays that maximize the space of the store while effectively catching the eye and appealing to the senses of their target customers.
The main goals are:
(1) create and maintain an image for a department or store that resonates with their target customers,
(2) increase customer traffic in the store, and
(3) guide their customers' browsing through merchandise placement and store layout to result in an eventual sale.
• Maintain a pulse on current and relevant market and visual styling trends
• Synthesize current competitive styling trends, store experience themes, customer needs, and team creative brainstorms in order to create novel and useful updates to the store experience through visual displays.
• Manage the in-season sample process for the entire Visual Merchandising division
• Proactively collaborate with cross functional partners and Visual Merchandising teams to support store set process—including outfitting and displays, and prepare to present to internal teams.
• Create mannequin looks and displays for all divisions that enhance the seasonal brand point of view and are a compliment to the visual merchandising presentation.
• Support brand big ideas and family moments by creating front of store and window mannequins pods in partnership with the Visual Merchandising team.
• Active involvement and operational efficiency during all store sets, through digital and physical outputs to achieve visual communication deliverables – ensure balanced workload, participate in divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate project timelines and ensure all deliverables are met
• Work with key cross-functional business partners (Design, Merchandising, and Stores) to support business objectives
• Actively support the Product Creation lifecycle with Design and Merchandising to ensure the product comes to life through compelling storytelling in support of brand strategies, and appropriate assortment levels across the fleet
• Manage competing priorities between digital and physical sample management and outfitting.
• Participate in detailed planning and execution of monthly window styling including elevation translations for various store types.
• Partner with peers to develop and share best practices in systems, processes, etc.
• Participate in special projects as needed
• 1-2 years styling and or retail visual styling store experience
• Elevated fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends into projects
• Problem solver who is familiar with developing creative solutions
• Organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Computer skills preferred –Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of emerging digital tools
A bachelor's degree in Visual and/or Fashion Merchandising, Graphic Design, Applied Design, or a related field is usually required.
Coursework in Consumer Psychology and buying behavior is helpful.