Client Overview: Our client is a popular beauty brand presenting the latest skin care, body care, and makeup for every beauty enthusiast. Their innovative, on-trend, and modern remedies derived from nature inspire you to feel your best every day.
Position Overview: The 2D Designer, Global VM, reporting to the Senior Art Director, Global VM is responsible for establishing and implementing VM graphic standards for a popular beauty brand. This role is Global and will support USA retail channels and global markets across multiple VM touchpoints.
Visual Merchandising Designer Responsibilities:
- Supports the conception and production of creative VM assets across multiple retail channels, including specialty retail, department store, promotional activations, open-sell environments and events.
- Ensures all design executions are aligned with the brand's evolving visual design language across platforms.
- Elevates the brand's prestige position and upholds its equity
- Proactively manages and fulfills individual project timelines and deliverables, communicates and solves for any obstacles to fulfillment
- Participates in regular cross-functional and or channel-specific touch base meetings for Global VM Projects, together with Sr. Art Director
- Participates in vendor and agency design and production meetings from concept to release in partnership with 3D design team.
- Collaborates with VM project manager and 3D VMSD designers to fulfill on design and development of key activations
- Works closely with Global Marketing, International Marketing, Channel Marketing and US merchant teams to ensure design execution of VM deliverables
- Works with vendors and design agencies to support VM development, asset management and creative solutions
Visual Merchandising Designer Qualifications:
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a fast-paced VM environment
- Degree in Graphic or Communication Design, Visual Merchandising or related disciplines
- Possesses solid graphic design background
- Experience in prestige beauty across multiple channels is ideal (department store, open sell, boutique)
- Must have understanding of print/production for consideration
- Problem solver and team player, bringing a solutions-first approach to their work
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects at any given time
- Attention to detail and understanding of complex digital asset requests
- Strong communication skills and adapts well within a cross-functional environment
- Self-motivated, agile and curious
- Looks for opportunities to contribute to the creativity and performance of the department
- Proficient in MAC Platform and design applications, including Adobe CC Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office, Google, Asana, Smartsheets