This role is responsible for developing visual training materials and tools to maximize profitability for our store locations in support of the visual merchandising pillar. The Training Specialist role will be responsible for assisting in adapting Global tools, developing seasonal learning content, building processes and partnering with the Visual Excellence Training team on implementation. This position supports the entire Visual Excellence team by implementing global and NAM training tools to help drive a premium and consistent execution of visual merchandising standards in our doors.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Global, HR, Retail Training and visual excellence to gather content to drive digital training tools in market
• Develop visual merchandising onboarding and ongoing curriculum in partnership with the Visual Excellence Training and Area Visual team for consistent execution in market across all channels of business
• Focus on improving sell-through of footwear, apparel and accessories through visual merchandising excellence and training materials
• Work with agencies to build training content continuing to deliver performance improvement and drive KPI’s
• Assist with the creation of systems, processes and tools to impact productivity, profitability, accountability and service within the adidas retail landscape
• Strong understanding of Visual Merchandising and a visual eye that incorporates the brand aesthetic and strategies as well as knowledge of creating innovation educational techniques
• Participate in visual creative projects including, meetings, conferences, and store openings
• Travel to stores, training summits and events
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of Visual Merchandising and a visual eye that incorporates the brand aesthetic and strategies
• Proven passion for visual merchandising
• Knowledge of retail landscape, training methods, visual merchandising, retail marketing and presentation
• Highly organized with demonstrated follow through capabilities.
• Knowledge and understanding of business impact and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment leveraging visual merchandising
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to think conceptually and diagnose and translate sales/category reporting to an in-store training strategy
• Knowledge of customer service principles and processes
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment with the ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve established objectives
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members
• Ability to travel: Estimated at 30%
• Ability to work some weekends.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Business, Education/Training or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant Retail and/or Product Training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 1-2 years of visual merchandising and training experience, preferably in a multi-store capacity
• Experience working with agencies and writing briefs is highly valued.