*Job Title: FT VP of Customer Success
- Grace Kim / VP of Marketing
- Sebastian Wild / EVP HR & Ops
- Equity package would be considered for the right candidate
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (80% covered insurance plan- health, dental, vision), 401(k), unlimited PTO, flexible work hours, reimbursement for commuter costs, etc.
*Ideal Start Date: immediate, before end of June
- NYC office still closed and no clear timeline in place for re-openings
- role is based in NYC but open to remote talent
- must be comfortable working in time zones outside the US (Euro)
*Reason for Hiring:
- newly created role to lead "Customer Experience" dept.
- growing "Customer Experience" team/division
- FYI- luckily, there were no COVID layoffs companywide!
- The true name of this division is "Customer Experience"
- Handling the customer experience across both Canary's Subscription Services AND Physical & Digital Products
- Katy Wild - CMO/COO
*Current Team Structure-
- this person will have authority to re/structure as they see fit
- current they will have 2 Direct Reports (director levels)
1.) Sr. Director of CRM (TX-based)
2.) Global Head of Customer Care
- under these 2 guys are a team of Agents (US, Berlin, & Ireland-based)
*Cross-Functional Team Collaborations:
- working closely mainly with Marketing team and Product team on capturing customer feedback to share back internally, email comms recommendations, upselling strategies to increase upsells on mobile app/etc., customer referral programs (new initiative!)
- Are other agencies working this job?: No
- Have you posted the role?: Yes, on Indeed but it has not produced any qualified candidates of interest
- Challenge is that most have been Customer Service candidates more geared toward B2B Sales & Partnerships versus Customer Service/Success/Experience
- see JD below
- Retention & Customer Loyalty
- Scaling & Organization
*MUST-HAVE Skills & Software Requirements:
- *Minimum of 7yrs experience leading and building out Customer Service/Success/Experience teams.
- *Customer Retention skills- experiencing working on strategies around not just how to maintain but also how to retain customers and reduce turn.
- *A proven track record of leading customer success / customer service teams/depts
- *Deep expertise in customer retention practices (preferable with direct-to-customer/subscription businesses)
- strong background
in membership products, with experience in optimizing overall subscription metrics and increasing customer lifetime value (growth, activation, usage,
conversion rates, retention, winback, etc.)
- strong understanding of SaaS-based cross-channel direct marketing, native advertising, programmatic, and the latest trends in digital advertising
- Strong ability with data analytics. (SQL, Recurly &/or other subscription platforms, Zendesk, Tableau)
*NICE-TO-HAVE Skills & Software Requirements:
- Helpful for this person to have experience working with another DTC E-comm site
- Bonus points for someone with experience working in subscription services, DTC business, start-up business.
*Companies to Target:
- Dollar Shave Club
*Specific industry experience?-
- Helpful if candidate has a background in:
> DTC E-comm sites
> Subscription (SaaS) services, DTC business, start-up business
*SELLING POINT TO CANDIDATES:
- Leading consumer IoT in the smart home space- 100% SaaS model- actively growing user base. Disrupting the IoT model- expanding into other verticals. Entered the smart access market which is very new and exciting.
Video surveillance – now working on smart access. Since they are in IoT- lots to learn always - very cross functional and multi-dimensional opportunity.
*Resume Review/Interview Process:
- Send all resumes to Grace Kim & Sebastian Wild
- 1st round video interview w Grace Kim
- 2nd round w Katy Wild - CMO/COO
- 3rd round w Katy Wild again + another Exec.
- FORMAL JD -
Smartfrog&Canary is one of the fastest-growing Consumer IoT category leaders. Our mission is to enhance consumer’s lives by making modern technologies useful, easy, affordable and safe – IoT for everyone. The group’s full-stack platform and value chain, end-to-end controlled, is designed to enable data-driven businesses, offering SaaS-solutions across product areas. Starting with Smart Home Security, the business is scaling gradually to new verticals.
We empower people to live fearless lives, providing actionable, video-based intelligence about the home and activity within it. The Company seamlessly integrates state-of-the-art products with sophisticated software to deliver an unparalleled experience that unites true security, effortless intelligence, and beautiful design. By harnessing powerful computer vision and machine learning algorithms to interpret an extensive array of sensor data, Canary identifies meaningful information about what happens in an environment — creating a richer and more immediate connection to the people and places that matter most. We distribute our products across North America and Europe and have users in over 180 countries.
We are looking for a VP of Customer Success, who will be responsible for the performance, strategy and alignment of all departments within the organisation that have any relation to revenue generation. Identifying and delivering new revenue opportunities in our markets; maximizing revenue from the client base; creating a sustainable strategy for future growth and delivering accurate revenue projections. A successful candidate will possess a strong background in membership products, with experience in optimizing overall subscription metrics and increasing customer lifetime value (growth, activation, usage, conversion rates, retention, winback, etc). The person most suited for this role will be meticulously organized and endlessly resourceful, with outstanding communication skills and a can-do attitude that embraces working in a tightly-knit, high-performing team. If this sounds like you, read on.
*What you’ll be up to:
? Work closely with the executive leadership team to develop and execute growth strategies for our subscription business, pioneering new markets from discovery and planning to development and implementation
? Focus on key Saas revenue goals 1. Customer acquisition, 2. Customer Retention, 3. Customer monetization
? Build a robust and accurate revenue pipeline and forecasting short, medium and long term strategy that encompasses marketing; sales; product/service and customer success teams.
? Continuously improving our subscription and eCommerce experiences by identifying opportunities to boost retention, upsell/cross-sell metrics, and overall recurring revenue
? Establishing pricing – and promotion strategies that convert
2.) Retention & Customer Loyalty:
? Establish Monitor customer feedback loops to ensure customer satisfaction and optimize customer support escalations and other customer anomalies
? Establish programmes such as Customer Success Management and referral programmes
? Detect lapsing customers early on, investigate & measure trends on reasons why customers churn and implement winback strategies
3.) Scaling & Organization:
? Reporting on sales funnel metrics and tracking of subscription renewals
? Identify the best revenue channels that provide the most effective revenue stream
? Creating scalable sales processes that scale
? Deep understanding of cutomer segementation
? Closely collaborating with cross-functional team members and
stakeholders including Marketing, Design, Legal, and Customer Support to take opportunities from ideation to implementation
*What you’ll need to have:
? Experience of revenue ownership with a successful track record of success and demonstrable business expansion and growth
? A flawless understanding of SaaS-based cross-channel direct marketing, native advertising, programmatic, and the latest trends in digital advertising
? Thorough understanding of a wide range of technology.
? Strong ability with data analytics. (SQL, Recurly & other subscription platforms, Zendesk, Tableau)
? Strong leadership experience with the ability to lead change and take others with you.
? High degree of business acumen, passion, and flexibility
*What Can We Give You? (New York)
? Comprehensive health insurance
? Flexible work hours
? Unlimited vacation
? Reimbursement for commuter costs
? A beautiful downtown office space with a large outdoor space and views of Lower Manhattan