We are looking for a seasoned VP of Marketing/Ecommerce who wants to make that next step and become a VP of Marketing. This person will be a strong team/culture-builder, lead a world-class team, and articulate a strategic path to overall growth. This will involve expanding the brand across all channels of distribution and developing a robust digital/ecommerce channel, while preserving and enhancing the brand’s equity. She/he must also bring the ability to nurture a creative business; it is expected that this leader will be closely involved in the strategic brand development, product strategy, design, merchandising and marketing of the companies’ brands. Will partner with sales leadership to manage and improve high-level relationships with key retail partners and help elevate the company to a world class operating standard.
The ideal candidate for this position has deep experience in multi-channel marketing including D2C, Online, and social. He or she will add to the culture of the organization and have the ability to build effective relationships across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead marketing team to include Brand, Creative, and Digital through consumer marketing, advertising/social media, eCommerce / Omnichannel strategy, retail marketing, and innovation to develop and manage marketing objectives, goals, and strategies.
* Provide hands-on leadership through a strong combination of creative thinking and quantitative skills to identify growth opportunities, define strategy, and implement programs that are both brand building and ROI metrics- driven.
* Guide and support an in-house digital team to create a superior digital/ecommerce experience, both meeting financial targets and enhancing brand engagement. Includes development of best-in-class Social Media influencer marketing and resulting earned media value and drive to conversion.
* Leading the strategic development and execution of all advertising, promotion, retail marketing, digital & CRM initiatives for both consumer marketing (to consumers) and B2B marketing.
* Drive strategy and execution of consumer marketing across owned and paid channels.
* Developing a high performing team, creating people growth opportunities, and building a culture of marketing excellence and innovation.
* Develop and execute both a 3-year growth plan & annual marketing plan.
* Creating and developing mid to long-term innovation roadmap for both new and existing categories which is insight-driven and actionable.
* Working together with Sales to develop a meaningful and mutually beneficial relationship with customers as a leader in respective categories.
* Creating a high-performance “one team” culture that instills integrity, creativity, teamwork, insight, and excellence throughout the marketing organization.
* Be a highly accessible and visible leader, and a great communicator who serves as a face of the company to customers, team members, and all equity holders; provide clear and concise on-going communication all constituents; foster a culture of transparency.
* Build and nurture an “all hands on deck”, “A” level consumer-centric culture and organization that is laser focused on understanding, developing and delighting the brand’s consumers and driving them to the store/online for purchase.
* Act as the brand champion, clearly articulating the brand essence, strategy and priorities to all internal and external audiences and constituents.
* Refine and articulate a specific marketing voice and position that resonates with both domestic and international customers.
* Conduct ongoing competitor and industry analysis, and reporting, highlighting white spaces opportunities, and strategies to enhance existing portfolio.
* Proven success as a Marketing VP or Director building a branded, image-oriented business in a consumer-facing multi-channel environment.
* Deep knowledge of the Mass Market, Drug and ecommerce Channels
* Significant experience within the personal care/beauty is preferred, but open to equivalent experience in other CPG.
* Proven track record of success driving omnichannel marketing strategy that’s resulted in significant growth.
* Strong understanding of retail marketing and increasing sales through mass, drug, and specialty retailers.
* A reputation for taking smart risks and bringing ideas to life.
* Proven success attracting and building effective teams of “A’ players who understand our consumers and developing talent.
* A highly collaborative approach with the ability to lead across and collaborate with all types of functions (Finance, Operations, Product, Senior Leadership, etc.)
* Intellectual curiosity and passion around consumer research, insights and data analytics that deliver products and service that meets the consumers ever changing and heightening insatiable expectations.
* Brings both a creative perspective and a rational business mind.
* A track record of success driving top and bottom-line financial performance and asset efficiency.
* Has led organizations through periods of change and challenge.
* Experience in adding structure, process and accountabilities to an organization and scaling-up operations to meet expected growth in a controlled and efficient way.
* An intrinsic understanding of product quality, an affinity for digital and ecommerce, and an appreciation of the company brands and its unique value proposition.
* Experience partnering with a private equity firm is preferred, but not required.