NEW VP OF BEAUTY PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT POSITION OPEN LA!!
The VP of Product Development is responsible for all phases of new product development and processes from concept to counter. This position requires a mastery understanding of product and packaging development fundamentals with an expertise in cosmetics along with the ability to apply strategic thinking throughout ideation and conceptualization.
- Partner with business leaders to create and maintain a 3+ year vision and launch business plan
- Lead the product development strategy and road map as well implement process cross - functionally to drive innovation and incremental revenue.
- Ideate innovative and differentiated product concepts that align with our brand positioning and deliver scalability and cost efficiency .
- Provide toxicological, safety and regulatory oversight of formulations in partnership with cross - functional teams and external resources .
- Partner with business leaders to ensure thoughtful integration of claims and marketing story into development of new products .
- Lead direction for the development of quality products that meet the Brand strategy and ensure product launches are launched on time.
- Direct and oversee contract manufacturers in the detailed development of new and reformulated products and travels to plants and suppliers.
- Write concepts, positioning statements and fact sheets with innovative claims to support each new launch/innovation.
- Ensure strong actives list / technology platform and develop key storytelling behind product launch concept, with alignment from all stakeholders.
- Drive key milestones and problem solve when necessary.
- Provide quality training and development for own direct reports.
- Review all PR and Education materials and Copy for alignment of communication as it was intended and ensure accuracy of content.
- Drive assigned calendarized launches in all stages from concept to on - counter.
- Drive creation of new product concepts that fit with need - gaps in the line or new business opportunities.
- Manage the evaluation of submissions on a timely basis and provide direction to vendors on next steps / re - directs / trouble - shoot issues.
- Must have a firm grasp of cosmetics technology and ability to transform complex science into consumer friendly language.
- Manage and drive all testing needs to support product launches with robust and innovative claims (inclusive of sensory, clinical and biological testing).
- Create and present dynamic presentations as part of cross - functional meetings to explain concept, positioning, technology & claims of new launches.
- Monitor trends both inside the beauty industry, and outside the beauty industry.
- Attend industry seminars and report on trends, technologies, new ingredients, as needed.
- Travel to supplier plants for on - site approvals as needed.
- Maintain weekly status report and keep Executive Team informed of project details.
- Lead package direction for optimal formula evacuation / delivery.
- Trouble - shoot potential packaging issues & brainstorm resolution..
- 12+ years related experience
- Must have applicable beauty experience and passion and excitement for the industry
- Great capacity to develop various products, from vision to detail
- Ability to be flexible and agile with internal teams on constant changes and condensed timelines
- Strong presenter – Must be able to persuasively communicate new product ideas and concepts to both internal and external groups.
- Must be exceptionally creative and innovative, and be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly.
- Deep knowledgeable of the Product Development process.
- Highly detail oriented, responsive, extremely organized, and reliable.
- Must be a driver of results, ensuring that all key milestones are met in a timely manner.
- Experience in people management, training, and development.
- Proven track record of successful new product innovations; proven ability to develop innovative products from concept to launch.
- Effective negotiator – able to gain cooperation at all levels, internally and externally
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience