• Design test protocols that are outside “the box” to deliver test results that are relevant to the project direction
• Provide strong guidance on product direction based on test results and tester/consumer insights to ensure that the products meet or exceed design requirements, are constructed according to the established specifications and meet our clients quality standards. Propose and implement changes that will expedite the Fit and Wear process.
• Create strong cross-functional partnership with design, merchandising, development, innovation, materials, QA and Liaison partners to insure a coordinated and efficient testing process.
• Investigates specific Footwear Quality problems as needed to quantify severity of issue and implement solutions.
• Collaboratively execute fit and dynamic performance testing sessions, draw out product performance information and insights from testers at all levels.
• Partner with external assets for each brand to gain understanding of the brand target consumer to better support their product validation needs.
• Provide engineering (fit & wear) feedback and advice to product developers as needed.
• Deliver technical results to a broad array of audiences, making complex concepts simple/digestible to each customer.
• Oversee the maintenance of records, files, and samples pertaining to fit and wear testing process.
• Work as a team member to ensure products are produced in accordance with our clients quality standards. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Scope: Job involves a moderate to high degree of complexity in performing new and/or varied work situations. Be current with industry standards of perception testing . Operates from established and well known methodologies and procedures, but may create procedures to meet assignment or project needs. The majority of the work requires independent thought, creativity, political savvy, and innovation. Decisions are made within prescribed company policy guidelines and constraints. Errors in judgment may result in incorrect strategic direction, losses of data or productivity with the result being financial losses, or delays in completing assignments.
Education and Experience:
• College degree with course work in manufacturing, engineering, or related fields
• 5+ years of experience in industry-related footwear manufacturing is preferred; data analytics or footwear development
• In Lieu of 5 years footwear development, a combination of 3+ years of experience in Anatomy and Physiology/Biomechanics/Kinesiology with 2+ years in footwear manufacturing related fields
• Sensory testing background with people/products and analysing the data is highly recommended
• Basic understanding of human anatomy and the principles of biomechanics is highly recommended
• Proven influencing skills
• Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects
• Demonstrate Mentorship skills
• Experienced gathering and communicating consumer insights
• Ability to analyze qualitative/quantitative data and be able to communicate to a broad audience