24 Seven | ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF Email Marketing-Marketo| Camden, NJ
Title: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF EMAIL MARKETING
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Duration: Permanent- Fulltime
Rate: $70k Salary
The Associate Director of Digital Strategy and Systems will manage the daily operations of the marketing automation and email platform. Design and run the full life cycle of marketing campaigns that are powered by the marketing automation platform - from initial planning, to development, content, rollout, and measuring results.
MUSTS: Marketo experience, open to providing strategy for the department
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with marketing automation platforms
- Set and execute strategy, test and analyze workflows
- Document, promote, and train partners on policies and best practices
- Liaise with Marketo staff to trouble shoot issues, understand system functionality and roadmaps, and define and implement new functionality and product offerings that enhance the organization’s usage of the platform over time
- Provide day-to-day system maintenance and configuration (e.g., campaigns, smartlists, look ups, kick-backs, forwarding, help desk tickets and resolution)
- Build workspaces, including template programs and assets, and smart lists
- Manage audits of user practices to ensure compliance and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Build and optimize a top-notch marketing automation program.
- Work with department colleagues, IT, staff partners, and volunteer engagement to translate marketing requirements into functional campaigns within marketing automation
- Collaborate with the marketing team on integration of social media and web content across platforms to work toward a seamless, personalized experience for the user
- Manage various email marketing and automated campaigns, including the template designs, line-ups, calls-to-action, and content used in email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Establish, measure, track, evaluate, and report on analytics and continually refine process to better convert and steward audience.
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve email marketing and automated campaigns
- Collaborate with department staff and partners to create high-quality content and collateral that will fuel automated marketing programs
- Ensure content addresses audience needs and values at varying stages of brand contact and decision-making
- Occasionally serve as backup for event listings, forms, registrations, and surveys. Hire, train, oversee, and evaluate interns and freelance vendors.
- Hire, supervise, motivate, coach, evaluate, and discipline interns
- Negotiate with vendors, when needed, to ensure high quality, while keeping projects within budget and on time
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business, IT, communication, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in email marketing, marketing automation, CRM or similar platform/software powered marketing programs.
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems and campaign development to include experience with any of the following (or similar): Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Silverpop, HubSpot, etc.
- Proficiency in digital content management and promotion that demonstrates an understanding of how to both build and convert a digital audience
- Past experience growing audience base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs, values, and interests.
- Highly creative with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis that
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional, inter-departmental, and cross-team capacity to bring a brand to life.
- Solid understanding of the web and web technology (HTML, basic CSS)
- Experience establishing and maintaining system documentation, training materials, user trainings
**Preferred but not required:
- Experience managing and leading marketing automation platform integration
- projects (e.g., CMS, event registration, social advertising, email marketing)
- Marketo certification
- understanding of relational data structure and basic SQL knowledge
- graduate degree
- proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign)
- experience in alumni relations, in development, or in an institution of higher
- familiarity with the university, alumni association, Foundation, and/or Rutgers
- University Style Guide