312678 - Business Systems Analyst
Lifestyle media brand is looking for a Business Sysytems Analyst to join their growing team.
You will serve as the primary contact for applications and delivery of systems, system enhancements, upgrades, conversions and migrations. Will be required to manage external resources and delivery of long/short term projects and break fix solutions and will require knowledge of project management combined with knowledge of a range of IT functions and have a basic understanding of publishing, circulation and business processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain detailed project plans and track deliverables for software applications (custom and COTS).
• Manage external vendors supporting systems and track to plan
• Schedule and conduct internal/external project meetings.
• Act as a liaison between the users, managers, and IT.
• Utilize MS products for support.
• Create documentation for projects, training, and presentations.
• Support audits and external reporting.
• Utilize helpdesk ticket processing for systems and deliverables.
• Support end user requirement gathering, system testing, and niche software installations.
• Work with external parties to support applications for setup/design/maintenance/audit.
• Work with internal parties on testing and configuration.
• Work with other IT teams on scheduling, testing, migrations and maintenance.
• Review existing systems and explore replacement/enhancement.
• Provide system administrator support for systems as needed.
• Minimum 5 years project management.
• Minimum 2 years end user application/technical support.
• Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years equivalent experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/IT or combination thereof.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Project management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Excellent organization and communication skills, highly detail oriented.
• Ability to troubleshoot applications and work with end users to resolve issues.
• Knowledge of media/publishing industry and related systems (preferred).
• Knowledge of HD ticketing processes.
• Conceptual application knowledge including menus/navigation/system administration.
• Basic understanding of programming/scripting (PERL, SQL, API’s, etc).
• Basic understanding of servers/infrastructure/databases/OS’s.
• Basic understanding of online transactions (merchant ID’s, PCI scans).
• Familiarity with PC’s and Mac’s.