361918 - User Experience 30597-1
UX Designer III
5 month contract
Our Device Design Group is looking for a UX Designer with impeccable craft and attention to detail to help build the next big product that will offer an exciting way for families to interact with home media and information. You will contribute to a product vision, design connected experiences for digital, mobile, and home space, and deliver the interaction and visual design building blocks.
Join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers, technologists, animators, and industrial designers. We are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers. Our goal is to ship both revolutionary and evolutionary products we are proud to use ourselves. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
What we’re looking for
UX designer with strategic design background, hybrid IXD / VD toolkit, and exceptional problem-solving skills to thrive within a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment.
• Leverage market research, customer insights and user analytics to drive why, how, and what we design for our end customers.
• Showcase simple design solutions for complex problems using UI models, conceptual diagrams, user stories, wireframes, storyboards, visual mockups, and simple prototypes.
• Build and maintain a design language system with UX principles, interaction patterns, UI components, and functional specifications for internal and third party developers
• Manage the design process by setting people’s expectations, driving decisions, and tracking issues.
• Articulate design work and rationale to teams, peers, and executives for review and feedback
• Collaborate with Design, Program, and Engineering teams from design concept to design solution, UX guidelines, asset production, and bug fixes to ensure quality all the way to market.
• 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, UI designer, or similar role.
• Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
• Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
• An online portfolio or samples of work that demonstrate your design thinking, process, and solutions as it relates to web-based tools, mobile applications, and consumer electronics.
• Excellent people, project, and time management skills to perform as a project leader or individual contributor in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with fluency in English.
• Passion for crafting and creating products that bring value to consumer’s daily life, one detail at a time.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Experience creating mockups and style guides
This position will support the Device Design Group and will be responsible for the software experience on devices (phones, tablets, etc). The team is really looking for someone with a good sense of interaction design. This designer will be running with projects from concept to shipping of the product. They will be designing for software platforms for devices. Anyone with experience designing UX for hardware is a major plus.
Sketch is mandatory.
There are some production designers on the team so this is not a production role.
With the 2 headcount available, the manager is open to 1 designer being more visual while the other being more UX focused. Not interested in UX designers who are only focused on marketing, advertising or communication design. It must be visual/ UX design for software.
.24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For nearly 20 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including digital marketing, creative services, technology, e-commerce, fashion and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Philadelphia and Atlanta.