396664 - Accountant (Req: 478-1)
Summary: Prepare and process complex accounting transactions; ensure financial subsidiary systems are balanced and reconciled to the general ledger. Assists with preparation of accounting and financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Practices (SAP). Assist financial and accounting analysts.
Job Responsibilities: Assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report financial information in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), company policy, and other regulatory guidelines as required. May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with GAAP and other accounting regulations. Prepare and process accounting transactions on financial subsidiary systems and the general ledger; maintain other accounting records as directed. Maintain, balance and reconcile general ledger to subsidiary systems and records. Assist in the preparation of the regulatory statement reports, financial statements, schedules, exhibits and supporting documentation. Skills/Qualifications: Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), LAN and mainframe operating environments, including financial spreadsheet applications.
- PC skills including MS Office products.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- Education/Experience: Education: Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Professional experience in accounting, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- 2-4 Years' Experience