399461 - Research Specialist (Req: 11799175)
Our global lifestyle brand client is looking for a Research Specialist to join their team for a 12 month contract 40 hours per week!
As a contract Research Specialist you will be responsible for executing basic and applied research programs aimed at delivering confirmed performance insights that lead to innovative footwear, apparel, and equipment. You will work closely with the Principal Researcher to create a research vision and plan, then demonstrate a high level of initiative in performing experiments independently. You will act as a creative scientist – questioning methods, results, and applications – and think outside normal paradigms to find creative ways around barriers. You will participate in the development of new tools, methods, and procedures that will streamline data acquisition. Finally, you will statistically analyze and summarize data from research, using well developed communication skills to disseminate complex scientific issues to diverse audiences.
• PhD. in Biomechanics, or related field including Engineering, Kinesiology, Anthropometry, Human Factors, or Ergonomics or M.Sc. in Biomechanics, or related field including Engineering, Kinesiology, Anthropometry, Human Factors, or Ergonomics plus five years of relevant work experience
• Expertise in writing code to analyze large datasets and create models (e.g. MATLAB, Python, and/or R)
• Thorough understanding of biomechanics, experimental design, and statistical procedures.
• Specific knowledge about the biomechanics of running, and injury mechanisms is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge and experience collecting biomechanical data (e.g. motion capture, force plates, IMU, pressure, EMG, etc.) from human test subjects
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated experience being a creative scientist
• Good communication and people skills
• Experience using research to directly impact consumer products and/or product creation preferred This posting is for a one-year contract position.