Our client an exciting branding agency is seeking a 3D Environmental Designer to join their team.
Develops accurate and high quality artwork for basic to complex Production assignments to incorporate in final layout for Assembly. In coordination with the client project team incorporates branding guidelines (e.g. photography, text, legal requirements, etc.) into artwork layout (e.g. packaging, circulars, etc.) per client’s technical specifications. May provide direction to other Production colleagues (e.g. Production Artists).
- Attends any client meetings (e.g. pre-production) as necessary.
- Ensures high quality standards in all Production client deliverables.
- Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of high quality basic to complex level Artwork, effectively using industry standard software, tools, and Print techniques.
- Performs assigned tasks within the overall Production workflow and assigned budget, according to:
- Work order specifications,
- Industry and Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s),
- The Company’s high quality standards, and
- The client’s Brand guidelines and standards.
- Ensures client project team has most current information about the status of the assigned project(s) by logging and maintaining in project tracking system (e.g. ONE!) accurate records of:
- Project plan (sub-project or task) information
- Time dedicated to specific project(s)
- Quality issues
- Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned tasks.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
- Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
- Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company’s Strategic Imperatives.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
- Supports Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on and encouraging others on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Production activities.
- May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education & Certifications
- Secondary School (e.g. High School) Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job.
- Computer Graphics Certification required.
- College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) within appropriate discipline such as Graphic Arts, Marketing, Advertising, Interior Design or other related fields such as fine arts or fashion discipline preferred.
- Proven experience in a Pre-Press, Graphic Arts, or related field in print manufacturing.
Skills & Abilities
- Very good knowledge of The Company’s products, solutions and services a plus.
- Very good understanding of the market and business environment that affects the assigned clients.
- Very good understanding of effective Print, Photo Studio, and/or Digital production, processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
- Expert in Pre-media and/or Creative Services and solutions.
- Very good people, organizational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient to advanced Computer Software (SW) Skills:
- Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
- Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
- Specific Functional SW (e.g. Abode Design Suite, Acrobat plus QuarkXpress; Project Management Software; Agile; or others; etc.)
- Ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines through to artwork execution (e.g. digital, photographic, etc.).
- Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in one or more areas of the organization.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external clients (e.g. printers, product manufacturers, service providers, and/or clients).
Ability to work well in a team environment, working autonomously, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work, and to meet assigned deadlines.