3D Printing Specialist/Rapid Prototyping Specialist
Innovative Sportswear company in SW Portland looking for a Rapid Prototyping Consultant:
Target Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months to start, potential for extension beyond 6 months
Location: Portland, OR
• The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in 3D printing, additive manufacturing, and product design prototyping. Experience engaging in the 3D print process including file loading, water-tighting for print, and using printer-specific software for arranging print space layouts. Some CAD familiarity is required, with basic knowledge of Rhino and Magics (Materialise) a plus, as these are central tools used in our industry and in the Rapid Prototyping process. Interest in design softwares such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Maya, Alias, and other 3D design-related softwares can be helpful in assisting design teams with creative file preparation.
• Familiarity with various forms of 3D printing, especially Zcorp powder printers, Stratasys photo-resin printers, and FDM printers (Lulzbot) are a plus.
• Ability to receive and track sharepoint print requests, pull 3D files from a shared server, prep and process files for printability, color and texture assignment as needed.
• Reaching out to communicate file issues and timelines to coworkers requesting 3D prints. Maintain communication channels with design managers and developers, including informing the teams of down times and scheduled completion times.
• Maintain machines by running head cleaning and other routine procedures. Communicate with vendors regarding repairs needed, and order resins and powders from vendors using the Ariba PO system. Research and execute basic repair functions of 3D printers thru manuals and online demos.
• Exercise creativity in part stacking, nesting, etc. Enjoys the opportunity to learn new softwares and machine usage protocols. Steps up to the challenge of new machines and print asks.
• Maintain the 3D print labs including machine maintenance, safety protocols, consumables, organization, and cleanliness.