Accessories Assistant Designer
Our client is an iconic luxury retailer offering handbags, jewelry, and accessories for the most stylish women. They are best known for their fashion forward, on trend, and high quality handbags that perfectly complement any look for the chicest women and celebrities.
In this position, you would be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Collaborate with team members for research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season; review emerging trends and shapes each season; research local markets and keep the team informed
• Assist with producing mood boards for design presentation, sourcing materials and trims for each season, and interacting with vendors
• Sketch designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare detailed technical packs with images, construction comments, and finishing requests-ready for patternmaker
• Work closely with patternmaker and sample room on samples; assist with fittings of garments and corrections; make revisions to sketch as necessary
• Organize and maintain working inspiration, concept, and sketch board; manage product design administration and follow up communications
• Bachelor's degree in fashion design, art, or related field
• 3+ years’ accessory design experience
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite