Our client is a marketing and business consulting firm that takes a focused approach to produce positive results for lifestyle brands. They specialize in the travel, hospitality, and real estate industry.
The Account Director is responsible for managing and supervising the execution of all aspects of a Public Relations program with the VP and SVP, supervising and managing the client relationship, managing the account team, growing the agency in a new business function, and generating new business leads.
• Provide senior strategic counsel to clients and account team
• Manage the execution of public relations programs as well as assume direct responsibility for quality of work
• Develop key relationships with media, influencers, and pitch clients in a proactive and ongoing manner
• Anticipate clients’ strategic needs, both long and short term
• Consistently offer value and add counsel
• Plan and run strategic client meetings
• Retain and develop current accounts to increase revenue
• Function as a main contact for client accounts OR Communicate with clients at the senior level to build and maintain relationships.
• Supervise account staff in their daily activities, provide structure and instruction for balancing their workloads
• Motivate, mentor, and guide professional development of staff
• Assume fiscal responsibility for division, accounts, and team
• Actively participate and guide the operations and future course of division and agency
• Working knowledge of social networks and ability to assist clients with developing strategies and monitoring share of voice
• BA/BS Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related field
• 8-10 years minimum experience in public relations
• Prior agency experience is a must
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail oriented and results oriented
• Ability to spot trends and integrate into PR efforts to keep accounts current in the media