Our client is a well-known specialty retailer creating the latest home décor accessories and accent furniture. Their innovative, on-trend, and eco-friendly designs present optimal organization and design solutions to make your home effortlessly functional and relaxing.
In this role, you would be responsible for establishing the strategic sales and product direction for a portfolio of mid-tier and off-price accounts. You would also be responsible for helping communicate customers’ needs and experiences to better position products.
• Manage and grow sales for assigned account base ensuring margin and sales projections are met on a consistent basis
• Plan monthly product assortment for assigned account base; meet with account buying teams to present new product and place new orders
• Partner and communicate with appropriate buyers on all sales and product related issues, including analysis of sales trends and emerging product opportunities
• Work closely with the product management and design teams on new product development and arrange all product line review meetings
• Partner with product management on final line review and approval; oversee pricing from a retail and wholesale perspective while considering account merchandise assortment plan
• Conduct competitive shopping analysis of relevant market to assess competitive landscape, white space opportunities, and any product deficiencies/opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree in merchandising, business, or related field
• 6+ years’ in wholesale sales, retail buying, and/or merchandising experience preferably within home furnishings, apparel, accessories or other closely related CPG organization
• Experience with off-price account base and/or managing a private label business strongly preferred