ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will oversee all accounting transactions including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Expenses, Month End Close, Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis. This is a fantastic time to join our team and help shape the future of this fast-growing startup.
- Report on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner.
- Application of credit card, check and wire AR payments weekly.
- Coordination of sending AR statements to customer biweekly.
- Focus on AR collection efforts daily.
- Reconcile sales invoices and AR monthly.
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliation.
- Enter AP invoices daily.
- Maintain inventory accounting records.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation.
- Maintain monthly payment schedules.
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process.
- Create monthly statement analysis to be used for management reporting.
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision.
- Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including cash and prepaid expenses.
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed.
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives.
- 7-10 years of accounting related experience.
- Experience in consumer products, manufacturing or distribution (tangible products).
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting procedure.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month end close.
- Experience in inventory accounting.
- Experience with accounting/ERP systems - Oracle Fusion preferred.
- Experience in a startup environment preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly organized and responsive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, change priorities, and problem solve.
- Multi-tasking, ability to meet deadlines on time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) preferred, but not required.