Accounting & Financial Reporting Director
Ourclient is an innovative, creative and award winning mobile design and developmentcompany based in New York City. Theywere at the forefront of app creation shortly after the release of Apple’s App Store. Their start-up roots and entrepreneurialspirit has elevated them to the level of success they are at today. Their refreshingly inclusive, casual andcollaborative offices allow for the free flowing of information which breedsnew and innovative ideas at all times.
Inthis role you will be responsible forresearching, documenting, and correctly accounting for technical accountingmatters with significant exposure to M&A and purchase accounting concepts,as well as leading the Company through its adoption of the new revenue andleasing standards.
- Design, implement and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to enable accurate and timely financial reporting, which is compliant with US GAAP and other regulatory requirements
- Monitor key internal controls to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, and with SEC financial reporting regulations
- Advises, develops and assist in the design and implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Assist the Global Controller with day-to-day activities related to certain complex corporate accounting matters (stock-based compensation, impairment of assets, segment reporting/allocations, capitalized software, revenue recognition)
- Coordinate with external auditors to promote an efficient, productive audit of the company’s internal controls and financial records
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA required
- 7+ years of related experience with at least 5 years in a big 4 public accounting firm
- Open to candidates directly from public accounting, or with a combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Exposure to software / SaaS / technology companies is beneficial, but not required; exposure to M&A and international accounting standards also preferred
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, financial reporting principles, and SEC rules and regulations
- Ability to research, propose and document company positions on complex accounting issues