Accounts Payable Specialist II
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Accounts Payable Specialist II to join our client’s team.
As a member of the finance team, you will work closely with all members of the finance team and cross functional divisions to ensure successful relationships and timely payment to our vendors.
This position requires an understanding of the travel and expense processing. This person will play a key role in the overall process to pay cycle. A desire to continuously improve processes and adopt technology is central to the planned evolution of this role.
- Process vendor payables timely ensuring compliance with company controls and policies
- Daily administration of T&E expense reporting system and the corporate card programs
- Audit and process the posting of expenses and monthly card statements to ensure all transactions are recorded timely and accurately and comply with company policies and procedures
- Follow up with card holders and approvers to ensure timely expense submissions
- Understand all electronic payment methods and communication with vendors and internal customers
- Efficiently process payable transactions in a high volume environment and achieving specified performance results
- Create weekly payment batches
- Maintain current status for set aging and workload while accurately coding transactions in financial system
- Research and answer payment related questions and disputes in a professional and timely manner
- Collaborate with cross functional divisions to provide an excellent vendor experience
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Maintain, identify and recommend opportunities for efficiencies and continuous process improvement projects
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of ongoing improvement
- Assist in month-end reporting relation to compliance and audit inquiries
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects as needed to support Leadership
- Assist Supervisor in collecting data for metrics reporting and preparations for the payment run
- Assist with the documentation of Standard Operating process and procedures for the AP Department
- Proactively identify improvements, enhancements and system customizations to meet business requirements
- Support weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting
- Audit and approve peer postings and payments
- High School Degree or GED; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or Finance
- Experience with travel and expense policies
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements a plus
- E-Commerce and retail industry knowledge preferred, willingness to learn required
- Comprehensive understanding of the expenditure cycle
- SAP experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word software applications
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy
- Collaborative and customer-service work style with positive attitude and determination
- Ability to meet deadlines and daily targets
- Great organizational skills with ability to multi-task and handle stress in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Self supervising and able to engage with other teams proactively
Send your resume today!
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."