• Serve as the key point person for inventory / allocation inquiries from the Sales Team.
• Review, manage and maintain product allocation worksheets.
• Manage flow of goods, orders, forecasts, POS, and retailer in-stock levels to determine allocation.
• Manage relationships with Sales Teams and ensure they are informed of the allocated quantity for their accounts.
• Manage and maintain allocation tables within the ERP system.
• Manage Sales and Supply Chain/Planning (US and HK) for allocated and/or late items.
• Conduct analysis of global supply vs. demand.
• Provide approval on domestic transfer requests on allocated items.
• Provide approval on inventory transfer delays from Hong Kong and allocate inventory as needed domestically.
• Proactively manage inventory levels at the retail level to identify low inventory items and partner with the Sales Teams to get inventory levels up at retail.
• Lead the partnership with Hong Kong to re-allocate orders when needed.
• Maintain a weekly allocation/Inventory status report for Sales and Supply Chain to identify items on allocation, items out of stock (Ship One) and provide estimated availability dates.
• Liaison between Marketing/Media and Supply chain by monitoring TV, customer ads/promotion items to ensure that sufficient inventory is in house when TV or ads are scheduled to run.
• Partner with Customer Marketing on securing inventory for exclusive, Pallets, Promotions, Blitz, etc.
• Four-year college degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Math and/or Economics strongly preferred but not required.
• 5 years experience in an inventory planning, production planning, allocations, or similar capacity for a consumer products retailer or supplier, preferably in the Toy or Fashion industry.
• Prior experience with ERP systems such as SAP, JDE, Microsoft Dynamics, AXAPTA required.
• Experience with retailer POS systems and EDI (TRU Extranet, Kmart Workbench, Wal-Mart Retail Link, Target Partners Online) required.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including advanced skills in Excel and Access.
• Proactive and able to anticipate and solve problems.
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
• Good organizational skills and detail orientated.
• Self-motivated and self-starter.
• Basic knowledge of Logistics.
• Understand demand planning and supply chain functions.