Development Tech Jobs
Our client is an iconic E-Commerce retailer offering a wide-array of products spanning from home, entertainment, and clothing. With their high-quality products, diverse selection, and exceptional customer service, it’s never been easier to find everything you need in one convenient location.
Do you have a passion for writing computer-generated animations?
Do you love having your work showcased to millions of people?
Do you enjoy making beautiful moving artwork, that is also deeply technical and highly optimized?
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic animation engineer for contract work. The Animation Engineer will help design, implement, and optimize real-time procedural effects for an upcoming software release. It's a great opportunity to work with top designers and see your work used by millions of people every day.
- Brainstorming and designing new animation ideas collaboratively
- Prototyping new animations
- Implementing animations using Metal on Mac and iOS
- Profiling and optimizing animation performance
- Ability to visualize, animate, and develop conceptual ideas
- Demonstrated experience coding procedural animations
- Experience creating special effects or custom animations in code
- Demonstrated experience with Metal or similar GPU API
- Experience writing custom shaders (Metal shading language, GLSL, HLSL, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
The ideal candidate is an automation engineer that is passionate about creating animations that: look great, feel smooth, and provide a "wow" factor that leaves audiences impressed.
Relevant experience may include technical work on games, multimedia art installations, online shader galleries, or demo scene content. Ideal work experience would include cutting-edge techniques in real-time effects (particle systems, screen-space ambient occlusion, tessellation shaders, etc.).
- Experience with physically-based real-world effects (e.g. water, sky, or cloud simulations)
- Experience with particle systems or generative algorithms
- Familiarity with computer graphics research (SIGGRAPH, GDC, etc.)
- Development experience with macOS or iOS (Xcode, Instruments, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of GPU architectures
- Artistic or design background