Leading Action Sports brand is currently lookingfor an Apparel Designer to jointheir Women’s team for an immediate contract position!
· Responsible for market research,creating seasonal inspiration boards, designs, tech pack creation and fit.
· Responsible for all design detailsfrom rough sketches to completion of tech packs.
· Responsible for material selection,color details, and styling details.
· Responsible for knowledge of costcomponents and ability to design products that hit margin targets.
· Create computer design; sketches,graphics, print artwork, multiple colorways and storyboards.
· Create visual presentations andfollow up with all design details.
· Responsible for presentation ofdesigns at line reviews and product launch.
· Oversee the fitting of garments andreview product details to ensure product execution meets the design aestheticas well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
· Review details on prototypes withdeveloper and merchandiser. Share responsibility with development andmerchandiser for final product result.
· Demonstrate strong teamwork skillsthrough cooperating with cross –functional team members and remain focused.
· Adhere to all calendar dates
· Years of Related ProfessionalExperience: 3+
· Associate/Bachelor Degree in relatedfield preferred
· Pattern rendering experience is aplus
· Multimedia experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of design techniques andprocesses
· Excellent sense of style and color
· Maintain a cooperative teamenvironment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
· Demonstrate the organizationalability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment
· Proficient in computer designprograms, (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
· Knowledge of fit, fabric and color.
· Strong communication, organizationaland interpersonal skills
· Ability to lead, coach and developstaff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
· Ability to establish and maintaineffective relationships with other management staff, employees and others withwhom the company conducts business
· Ability to read, analyze andinterpret policies, procedures and other business practices, guidelines anddocuments