Orange County based women’s contemporary apparel company is seeking a Designer to join their team.
- Responsible for market research, creating seasonal inspiration boards, designs, tech pack creation and fit.
- Responsible for all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs.
- Responsible for material selection, color details, and styling details.
- Responsible for knowledge of cost components and ability to design products that hit margin targets.
- Create computer design; sketches, graphics, print artwork, multiple colorways and storyboards.
- Create visual presentations and follow up with all design details.
- Responsible for presentation of designs at line reviews and product launch.
- Oversee the fitting of garments and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Adhere to all calendar dates
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 4
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in related field preferred
- Knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in computer design programs, (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of fit, fabric and color.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business