Our client is a top fashion brand creating the latest, trendsetting ready-to-wear collections. Their modern, high-end, and glamorous designs are applauded by fashion editors and celebrities alike.
As the Apparel Designer, you would be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
• Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
• 5+ years’ experience of design in the contemporary market understanding the pace of the business, trends, and fabrications associate with this market
• Tech pack knowledge
• Comfortable with high-end fabrics and draping
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop