Apparel Designer - Women's
Leading Orange County lifestyle apparel brand is currently looking for aDesigner to join their Women’steam!
· Assistthe designer in creating styles from concept to completion in whatever capacityis necessary.
· Generatecomputer sketches and drapes final drawings with correct pattern, colors,graphics and trims.
· Managecommunications between design function and non-design team members.
· Generatetech packs for the factories to develop initial prototypes (including, but notlimited to, establishing measurement points on a garment).
· Monitordevelopment of pre production samples with partnership with Product Managers.
· Conductmarket research and become familiar with issues and effects that influence ourindustry’s shifts in business.
· AssistDesigner in creating design concepts within the time frame established byseasonal calendar.
· Managechanges in the department to ensure that the appropriate systems reflect thecurrent intent of each style.
· Producea complete spec package for every garment designed, in a timely manner and tostandard. The tech packs must be thorough and completed by the due date eachseason. Attends fittings to comment and convey the intended fit of each garmenteither with or without Designer.
· Performother duties as necessary.
· 3+ years design experience
· Strong skills within Microsoft Office, AdobePhotoshop and Adobe Illustrator
· Experience in WebPDM