Apparel Production Coordinator
Our client in the sports apparel industry is in need of a short term contractor (1-2 months) to cover an Apparel Production Coordinator role. This work will lean towards the administrative/data entry side of things, and they ideally need someone with apparel design experience or a degree in apparel design or similar, with PLM and Adobe creative suite experience.
Responsible for assisting with overall development of certain product lines. Work with the team to help ensure all aspects of styles are on calendar time to receive samples when needed and ready to go into production to hit delivery dates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Quality Control team for testing and approvals
- Send out color standards to liaison office and/or vendors for color approvals
- Assist with e-mail communication with liaison offices/vendors, following up with all communication on a daily basis
- Work with design team for comments and approvals on all development
- Maintaining PLM to build gear assortments from components to product and by colorway
- Participate in weekly meeting with design and merchandising to discuss progress of developments (fabrics, trims, prints, etc.)
- Create P.O.'s for all sample fabric & print orders [in relation to Gear]
- Manage sales sample order process, issue P.O. by factory, follow-up weekly to ensure sample development hits deadline to receive
- Assist design lead to clarify each design concept, with overseas vendors to ensure production and manufacturability.
- Support an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development for all issues regarding the ranges and products
- Support product management and development in all issues regarding the realization of products and collections.
- Manage and maintain the PLM system according to each deadline and milestone required.
- Have the ability to work extremely well within the team and the category, multi task and execute high organizational skills..
- Assist with the Prototyping and implementation of new & innovative [accessory] designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product
- Creates and maintain appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs, costing and prototype notes.
- Join forces with development, Tech Services, and Product Testing to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization.
- Work with factories and suppliers.
- 1-2 years of Apparel Design experience or related degree preferred.