Assistant Account Activation Manager- Marketing
Our client in the sports apparel and footwear industry seeks an Assistant Account Activation Manager for a 12 month contract that is likely to turn into a fulltime role. The ideal candidate will have marketing management experience and a sports background, whether personally or working for or with an athletic brand.
Help build and execute US Account Marketing and Activation Plans that deliver significant business growth and improvement in our Brand Health KPIs working in close co-operation with Key Account Sales Teams
- Help define an aligned seasonal marketing calendar incorporating all relevant aspects of product, retail and brand activity
- Execute with excellence the seasonal ‘Account Marketing Calendar’ to ensure that the client wins at the point of purchase by category, in key doors against the agreed KPI’s
- Deliver and execute the activation strategy and roadmap
- In each facet and through all channels help develop and execute consumer activation activity against targeted categories / concepts across all channels and platforms.
- Secure the highest share of space, within key destination doors and locations
- Secure sell through and consumer engagement with share growth ensuring all commercial and strategic goals are met
- Measure the effectiveness of the account activation plans’ ensuring execution with excellence visually and via sell out
- Manage the seasonal activation calendar process from virtual download to instore implementation including all account interaction meetings ensuring smooth process.
- Understand product, customer and consumer needs from the US market and all channels
- Where appropriate support smu and franchise creation / development
- Represent the brand activation point of view both internally and externally
- Responsible and accountable for the execution and implementation process for tool kits needed from briefing customer requirements to instore deployment (excluding creation)
- Closely co-operate with Global Brand teams (most importantly global creation team and BUs) to secure a best practice level of implementation of global strategy
- Conduct relevant reporting activities to measure the efficiency and commercial success
- Manage budgets and costs within agreed measures
- Understand the US consumer retail environment including distribution points, share of buy, competitor concepts and support tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High professional maturity
- Highly collaborative with strong communication skills
- High influencing skills and ability to make fact based decisions
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured, organized and process orientated
- Previous experience in Category Management or Marketing or Merchandising/ Ranging/ SMU / Sales
- Strong business acumen, ability to assume a broader perspective (cross-markets/ global)
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office
- Fluent in English
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business or marketing preferred, and sales focus or equivalent professional experience
- Category Management/ Marketing / Merchandising Experience or account marketing / sales : 3 years.