Assistant Apparel Designer, Men's
Our client is a full-service printing company producing apparel products for adults, youth, and juniors. For over 20 years they have been a powerhouse for licensed product working with major retailers. The company is focused on the pop culture market and is an open creative environment.
The Men’s Assistant Apparel Designer is a member of the Creative and Design Team and will be assisting the Designer in developing concepts and CAD’s, style set ups in PLM, costing requests and aspects of the licensing approval process Essential Duties and responsibilities Focus of this role is to support Designer / Creative Director responsible for Men’s.
• Assist Designer in sampling, product development, fabric, printing & embellishments, and full package programs.
• Work with Manufacturing to have visibility of lab dips, counter sample requests, and approvals.
• Develops Line Sheets based on Sample Assortments.
• Work with Graphic Artists and Team to determine sizing and placement of art.
• Work with Graphic Artists and CAD Team on all art approvals needed from Licensor.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing team to approve strike-offs, complete PP’s and pass off for development.
• Coordinate and communicate with Accounts for all color changes / ground option requests. In addition, communicates internally the final selections.
• Follow pre-production through to production hand-off (pass all info pertaining to the goods needed to communicate to product for proper style set up).
• Creates and communicates internally the adoption Line Sheets season to season for both Design and Production’s reference and review. Maintenance of Buy Board.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
• Apparel Design degree preferred with relevant experience considered
• Working knowledge of materials, apparel construction, and graphic applications
• Ability to take direction and work with a Team