Our client is a well-known specialty retailer creating must-have products for everything home. Their innovative, high-end, and on-trend products transform every space into a relaxing oasis.
In this role, you would be responsible for assisting with managing all aspects of buying. You would manage the selection, purchasing, and delivery of assigned categories.
• Oversee opportunistic buying based on vendors or classifications; achieve targeted sales and margin performance
• Direct balancing assortments receipts and flexing from flow versus pack and hold; conduct comprehensive research for online and retail marketplaces; identify opportunities, trends, and labels
• Practice fiscal responsibility by negotiating pack and hold goods to offset additional costs of storing merchandise, such as additional dating and vendors holding merchandise
• Develop highly strategic buying plans by leveraging data and market trends to achieve forecasted sales targets and drive optimal sales performance
• Identify new opportunities, pursue new vendors, and source new markets; establish and maintain strong relationships with various cross-functional partners, including executive management
• Build strong relationships with vendors and exhibit trust, integrity, and follow-up; visit showrooms, select products, and handle negotiations
• Bachelor’s degree
• Buyer experience in a retail environment