Our client is a renowned company presenting groundbreaking retail solutions. Their cutting-edge, modern, and innovative approach propels them at the forefront of the industry.
As the Assistant Buyer, you would be responsible for assisting with weekly sales recaps and seasonal hindsight analysis and support assortment planning through market research and trend analysis.
• Assist with weekly sales recaps and seasonal hindsight analysis and support assortment planning through market research and trend analysis
• Own sample management process and lead new item setup and item data maintenance for the buying team
• Oversee opportunistic buying based on vendors or classifications and achieve targeted sales and margin performance
• Practice fiscal responsibility by negotiating pack and hold goods to offset additional costs of storing merchandise, such as additional dating and vendors holding merchandise
• Develop highly strategic buying plans by leveraging data and market trends to achieve forecasted sales targets and drive optimal sales performance
• Identify new opportunities, pursue new vendors, source new markets, and maintain strong relationships with various cross-functional partners
• Build strong relationships with vendors and exhibit trust, integrity, and follow-up, visit showrooms, select products, and handle negotiations
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 2 years with assistant buying or related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong math and critical thinking skills
• Customer and product centric
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint