Assistant Buyer - Men's
Leading lifestyle brand in OC is seeking an Assistant Buyer for their Men’s Apparel & Accessories team to join their team!
•Manages purchase order process from top to bottom, ensuring specified deadlines are met.
• Manages receipt flow and secures timely deliveries by partnering with business planning and customer service.
•Assists with planning and executing pricing strategies in accordance with fiscal responsibilities, maximizing sales, margin, & inventory management
•Assists in developing assortment plans, sales forecasts, writing reports, & analyzing sales figures
• Assists with reviewing & reacting to sales performance and selling reports
•Communicates needs/strategies with Store Operations, (e.g. District Manager/Store Manager)
•Manage samples: organize samples by season for merchant presentations, floorset preparation, marketing needs, and sample sales.
•Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
•2+ years of prior experience in chain-store buying at the Assistant or Associate level.
• Proficient Computer skills to include Excel, Email, and other relevant Retail applications
• Detail oriented
• Strong organizational skills
•Ability to calculate figures and amounts
•Knowledge/experience in retail math
• Knowledge/experience in AS400 and Island Pacific preferred
•Strong analytical skills and ability to multitask is essential
•Develops collaborative and diverse relationships