Assistant Buyer (Women's)
3 month contract with potential to convert to FTE
Our e-commerce client is looking for an Assistant Buyer. An Assistant Buyer is responsible for supporting a Buyer. They will execute and manage events that will ultimately excite and delight our members. They are responsible for supporting their Buyer to meet/ exceed the financial goals set for their area, ensuring their vendors are delivering quality product, and executing all events.
Our ideal Assistant Buyer is ambitious in nature, detail oriented, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and passionate about the retail industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the Buyer in the product selection that sets us apart from all competition
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Maintaining communication with vendors before, during and post event
- Assist in negotiating buying terms with vendors (price, quantity, delivery/ payment terms)
- Deliver creative assets from the Vendor to the Creative Team in a timely manner (images, press kits, reel assets, samples for photo shoots)
- On top of industry trends, new products, and competition
- Audit the site to ensure all content associated with the event is 100% accurate and compliant prior to it going live with internal and external vendors
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change strategies as business needs dictate
- Responsible for managing data pertaining to relevant needs of the business
- May be responsible for contacting vendor and obtaining all creative needs
- 1-3 years of retail or relevant sales experience preferred. Experience in a buying office a plus.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising and retail math
- Experience in ecommerce preferred
- Experience in analyzing reports and drawing conclusions/recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
24 Seven is the leading specialized talent recruitment firm for global brands and emerging companies across the US and Internationally. From design concept through product marketing, 24 Seven has the talent network to support brands at every stage of the consumer experience. We are the go-to talent source supporting the world’s top teams in Fashion, Retail, Marketing, Interactive and Creative.