Our client is a top fashion brand creating the latest apparel and accessories must-haves. Their contemporary, on-trend, and cool designs are applauded by the most stylish trendsetters.
As the Assistant Colorist, you would be responsible for ensuring colors meet color tolerances as well as colorfastness and will help drive quality standards.
• Oversee and manage the tracking, receiving, and reading of all lab dips and bulk dyelots and work closely with overseas vendors through daily correspondence
• Maintain accurate color records and color approval histories of each season in internal systems and update and manage color WIPS for weekly color meetings
• Use the spectrophotometer to read all lab dips and maintain weekly maintenance of the spectrophotometer and color lab equipment
• Manage visually and digitally review lab dips and dyelots for development and bulk production for commercialization
• Work with local dye house to order seasonal small dyelots for Design Review and order and receive all color pantones for cross-functional teams
• Accountable for timely adherence to calendar dates and collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Design, Product Development, Production, and R+D
• Bachelor’s degree in apparel, textiles or related field
• Experience working at an apparel brand in production/product development is a plus, preferably sport performance or fashion brand
• Have excellent visual accuracy and ability to distinguish variances in color shade; score at least a 16 or better on Munsell color acuity test
• Working knowledge of textile fabrics and accessories is a plus
• Willing to learn how to correctly use a spectrophotometer to accurately analyze color samples
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite