Our client, an Apparel Fashion Company is looking to hire an Assistant Designer to support their team.
- Sourcing fabrics and trimmings
- Creating detailed spec sheets
- Research trends/color inspirations for new development
- Request lab dips from vendors for color assortments, lab dip approvals
- Follow up with fabric/trim vendors to ensure samples come in on time
- Work closely with the sample room to make sure samples are completed on time
- Send and keep track of all samples that go out to buyers
- Communicate with sales reps and buyers for return of samples
- Maintain organization of development binder of all new fabric samples and trims
- create line sheets
- Recolor/CAD artwork for development
- Support Design team as needed
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Candidate must be a team player, organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Denim preferred
- Positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Photoshop, Illustrator and Bluecherry(ERP and PLM )
This is a Contract to Potential Hire opportunity. Salary between $15-20hr DOE.