OC Apparel company is seeking an Assistant Designer!
• Research and identify trends that are relevant to our customers, bring ideas and inspiration
• Develop strong working relationships with the teams through communications and problem solving
• Create presentation CADS from start to finish
• Work with merchandising partners to create seasonal direction in silhouette, fabric and concept for specific retailers/market
• Execute and help in market books/CAD’s
• Attend and participate in fit sessions with designer
• Execute technical information that is accurate on CAD’s
• Understand the fundamentals of the production process as it relates to their classification.
• Work with the Designer to process costing tech packs and all relevant information for imports/domestic costing
• Manage deadlines in accordance with the calendar
• Assist in coding art and revisions of CAD’s
• Assist in sample execution and follow up daily
• Maintain organized filing system for all CAD’s on server
• Help maintain the day to day projects including filing/organizing, tagging, line preparation, copying and updating development, packages, fabric books, shipping/tracking packages.
• 1-3 years previous experience designing toddler/girls/tween/juniors apparel.
• College degree in Fashion Design, Merchandising, Textiles, Fine Art or related field.
• Portfolio Required.
• Strong sense of color, style, and trend.
• Extremely proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Garment construction & fabric knowledge.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.