Leading Orange County apparel manufacturing company is currently looking for an Assistant Designer to join their team!
· Assist the designer in creating styles from concept to completion in whatever capacity is necessary.
· Generate computer sketches and drapes final drawings with correct pattern, colors, graphics and trims.
· Manage communications between design function and non-design team members.
· Create CAD art, do color separations and graphics
· Generate tech packs for the factories to develop initial prototypes (including, but not limited to, establishing measurement points on a garment).
· Monitor development of pre production samples with partnership with Product Managers.
· Conduct market research and become familiar with issues and effects that influence our industry’s shifts in business.
· Assist Designer in creating design concepts within the time frame established by seasonal calendar.
· Manage changes in the department to ensure that the appropriate systems reflect the current intent of each style.
· 0-1 years design experience
· Strong skills within Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
· Experience with infants,toddlers or girls