Assistant Designer, Knits and Sweaters
Our client is a popular, award-winning fashion brand creating the latest apparel and accessories. With their edgy, modern, and cool designs, you can effortlessly dress in style every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season; review emerging trends and shapes and research local markets each season
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams; establish and maintain strong business relationships with international external partners
• Participate in fitting sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and modify sketches as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• 1-3 years’ Assistant Designer experience
• Technical knowledge of yarn construction and yarn counts
• Understanding of knitting techniques, machine gauge, and stitch construction
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop