Assistant Apparel Designer
Our client is an iconic fashion house presenting the latest must-have collections for every trendsetter. Their fashion-forward, contemporary, and luxurious designs are applauded by top fashion editors and A-list celebrities alike.
Assistant Apparel Designer Overview:
As the Assistant Apparel Designer, you will be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new apparel design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
Assistant Apparel Designer Responsibilities:
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with other Assistant Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
• Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
Assistant Apparel Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design
• Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
To be considered for the Apparel Designer role, please send resumes, samples/ link and 1-2 lines of why you feel you would be a great Apparel Designer for this team!