Assistant Handbag Designer
Our client is the leading specialty retailer of women’s apparel and accessories. With an exciting, fast-paced company culture, they are refreshingly inclusive and collaborative with creativity and ideas ever flowing.
The Freelance Assistant Handbag Designer will support the design process from concept and development through production. They will support the team to execute new styles while working in the moderate price point of the brand.
· Hand sketch and create flats for handbags. Majority of sketching is done in Illustrator.
· Work with oversea vendors to select brand right materials
· Spec and measure samples
· Create and manage tech packs and include all specs to communicate to factories
· Make pattern corrections as needed
• 1-3 years of Handbag Design experience required
• Must be extremely proficient in Adobe CS
• Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design with emphasis in Accessories
• Candidate must be detail oriented, hard working and efficient