Assistant Manager, Production, Womens Fabric R&D
Our client, a leading apparel brand, is looking for an Assistant Manager Production, Wovens Fabric Research & Development for an immediate contract role.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support Sr Manager in the sourcing of newness and innovation in brand raw materials.
o Prepare and send out new fabric developments, track & review submissions with Sr Mgr, update approval status
o Participate in Mill Week meetings as well as mill appointments
o Assist in ongoing seasonless fabric innovation research in the marketplace
o Maintain a fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well as archive Brand production fabrics.
o Partner with Design to establish trend right wash/finish targets that support direction, innovation and business needs.
o Create and manage fabric boards on a seasonal basis & participate in Seasonal Fabric Meetings
• Support Sr Manager & team in delivering brand fabric cost savings.
o Analyze, weigh & review fabric counter submissions and review with Sr Mgr & Design team
o Assist Sr Mgr to reverse engineer innovative fabrics to meet a value proposition.
o Ensure developments are in alignment and support global production and supply chain strategies.
o Provide viable fabric cost options that work within AUC targets and maintain intended end garment aesthetic
o Analyze fabric needs across the brand and make recommendations to production and design for leveraging qualities across divisions to maximize brand savings.
• General functions
o Maintain woven fabric and trim resource library.
o Maintain seasonal fabric database.
o Communicate with overseas partners, design, and production counterparts daily in a timely manner.
o Ensure product integrity by troubleshooting testing exception reports with Sr Manager.
Key Competencies Required:
• Working technical knowledge of woven fabrications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple functions.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand the product development process.
• Proven ability to work closely and partner effectively with designers.
• Build and maintain relationships with company & cross-functional partners.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to regularly interface with and influence management.
• Ability to grasp trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline and fabric garment construction.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and PLM (preferred).
• Excellent decision making skills as well as problem solving skills.
• Strong fashion sense, taste level and eye for trends
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred (Textiles degree a plus)
• 1 + years in textile industry working with woven fabrication and trim.