Assistant Men's Designer
Our client is a well-known specialty retailer creating casual apparel and accessories for men. Their fun, creative, and innovative designs make it easy to be comfortable and stylish at the same time.
In this position, you would be responsible for helping with the design and development of seasonal collections. You would assist with developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Sketch designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Help research inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season; review emerging trends and shapes and research local markets each season
• Prepare detailed technical packs with images and construction comments; modify throughout the entire design process
• Maintain approved lab dips archives; help obtain approvals for all stages of sampling, such as lab dips, fabrications, finishes, embroidery, and fit
• Develop color boards and duplicate color palettes for distribution to all licensees and TCI categories; create presentations for key and potential customers
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with external partners, such as factories; communicate and follow-up with factories for the development and promotion pricing
• Bachelor's degree in fashion design or related field
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator
• Possess basic technology design knowledge