Well-known cruise ship transportation company is currently searching for a highly motivated Assistant Planner!
• Contribute to the annual planning process by developing sales, margin and inventory plans that support the top down goals by ship/trade for assigned categories
• Provide the Sr. Planner assistance on managing financial plans and re-forecasting by departments/ships Open to Buy (OTB's) to meet sales, receipts, margins, and stock turn targets.
• Work with the Sr. Buyer and Sr. Planner in the development of assortment and vendor plans that maximize revenue plans by ship/trade.
• Provide regular reporting and analysis to hindsight actual performance of key metrics versus plan and forecast by dept/class and ship/trade.
• Review/analyze SKU performance and determine initial or reorder quantities for assigned departments and write Purchase Orders.
• Recommend exit strategy for discontinued/slow sell SKUs; identify poor sellers, markdowns, and marketing approach and manage outdated inventory.
• Partner with Logistics, ensure product moves throughout the pipeline on time and in a cost efficient manner.
• Obtain feedback from ships to improve product and assortments. Respond to emails about inventory levels in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in a corporate retail buying/planning environment.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications; strong level of proficiency in MS Excel.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.